What is Net Metering?
Solar energy is generated either for self consumption or for export through bi-directional meter to Power Grid. The net difference between energy generated & consumed is indicated by-directional meter.
Concept of Net Metering
- Net metering is the concept which records net energy between export of generated energy and import of DISCOM energy for a billing month.
- Records both imported and exported units, Gives Bill for net consumed units.
- Financial credit for extra solar power produced.
- No Battery storage Systems needed.
- No maintenance.
Advantages of grid connected solar PV systems
- Generates environmentally clean energy.
- Does not cause pollution.
- Roof-top area on the buildings can be used and area required is about 100 Sq.feet/kw.
- Consumer becomes generator for his own electricity requirement.
- Feeding excess power to the grid.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- Having long life of 25 years.
- Export surplus solar power and save money.